This course can be delivered in the offices of a company to a group of up to 16 engineers. It is currently not available as a public course.
Eurocode 2 is the new design standard for the design of elements in concrete buildings. This course will provide background to the provisions in the code and explain how to apply them to building structures. Practical workshop sessions allow delegates to get to grips with the details and be confident of using Eurocode 2 for real projects.
Aims & Objectives
On completion of this course delegates will have a knowledge of the principles of Eurocode 2 and be able to apply them to building structures.
After this course delegates will:
● Have an understanding of the content of Eurocode 2 for building structures
● Be able to find their way around Eurocode 2
● Have an understanding of the content of Eurocode 2 for buildings, including:
● Know how to apply Eurocode 2 to:
● Know how to design for:
Strut and tie
● Have an appreciation of precast, plain and lightweight concrete provisions
● Have an knowledge of the differences with BS 8110
- Introduction to Eurocode 2 and relationship to other Eurocodes and European Standards
- Basis of design, combinations of actions with design exercise
- Materials, durability, structural analysis
- Ultimate limit state
Flexural design with design exercise
Shear design with design exercise
Punching shear with design exercise
Axial resistance with design exercise
Strut and tie
- Serviceability limit state
Deflection with design exercise
- Detailing of structural elements with design exercise
- Overview of precast, plain and lightweight concrete
- Review of design aids and guidance
This course is intended for Structural Engineers. Some knowledge of concrete design and Eurocodes 0 and 1 would be useful but not essential. A calculator and pencil are essential, but other required materials will be provided.
Days (hrs) 2 days (12 hours) CPD
Phone: 01256 768588
Alan Wood & Partners
Lend Lease Design