This course can be delivered in the offices of a company to a group of up to 16 engineers. It is currently not available as a public course.
Eurocode 2 is the new design standard for structural concrete in bridges. This course will provide
background to the provisions in the code and explain how to apply them to bridge structures. Practical workshop sessions allow delegates to get to grips with the details and be confident of using Eurocode 2 for real projects.
Aims & Objectives
On completion of this course delegates will have a knowledge of the principles of Eurocode 2 and be able to apply them to bridge structures.
After this course delegates will:
- Have a knowledge of Basis of design (EC0) and traffic loading (EC12)
- Have an understanding of the content of Eurocode 2 for bridges, including:
- Know how to apply Eurocode 2 to:
- Know how to design for:
Strut and tie
- Have an appreciation of precast, plain and lightweight concrete provisions
- Introduction to Eurocode 2 and relationship to other Eurocodes and European Standards
- Basis of design, combinations of actions and traffic loading with design exercise (EC0 and EC12)
- Materials, durability, structural analysis and pre-stressing with design exercise(s)
- Ultimate limit state
Flexural design with design exercise
Shear design with design exercise
Axial resistance with design exercise
Strut and tie
- Serviceability limit state
- Detailing of structural elements with design exercise
- Overview of precast, plain and lightweight concrete
- Review of design aids and guidance
This course is intended for Structural Engineers. Some knowledge of concrete design and Eurocodes 0 and 1 would be useful but not essential. A calculator and pencil are essential, but other required materials will be provided.
Days (hrs) 2 days (12 hours) CPD
Phone: 01256 768588
Alan Wood & Partners
Lend Lease Design