This course can be delivered in the offices of a company to a group of up to 16 engineers. It is currently not available as a public course.
Eurocode 2 is the current design standard for structural concrete. This course will introduce the code and explain how to apply it for simple elements in building structures. Practical tutorials allow delegates to understand how to design elements using Eurocode 2.
Aims & Objectives
On completion of this course delegates will have a knowledge of the principles of Eurocode 2 and be able to apply them to elements in a building structure.
After this course delegates will:
- Have an appreciation of the content of Eurocode 2 for building structures
- Know how to apply Eurocode 2 to:
- Know how to design for:
- Have an knowledge of the differences with BS 8110
- Introduction to Eurocode 2 and relationship to other Eurocodes
- Basis of design, combinations of actions
- Materials, durability, fire protection and structural analysis
- Ultimate limit state
Flexural design with design exercise
Shear design with design exercise
Axial resistance with design exercise
- Serviceability limit state deflection and cracking with design exercise
- Application to foundations
- Review of design aids and guidance
This course is intended for Structural Engineers. Some knowledge of concrete design and Eurocodes 0 and 1 would be useful but not essential. A calculator and pencil are essential, but other required materials will be provided.
Days (hrs) 1 day (6 hours) CPD
Phone: 01256 768588
Alan Wood & Partners
Lend Lease Design